Friday, June 7, 2019

My favourite book (if it count as a book)...

I like read books, some of them like the Necro-nomicon and Dracula has and interesting plot. Some of them can show the distant past, when they were written, so it is hard to decide what is the best of all, all are good in their own way… but if I can consider a graphic book like a book, It is more easy choose one, because I love the combination of an illustration and a story, it interesting to see.

If I need to choose one of all, including the graphic novels, I choose Jojo´s bizarre adventure: steel ball run, because has an original concept and has a good character development, all of them have their motives, so no one can be consider like an evil person, this book is consider one of the best of his genre.
The plot of this book, is literally “a cowboy’s race organized by the president of EEUU. To search the parts of Jesus body”… yeah, it sounds ridiculous, but the concept was well executed, the protagonist, Johnny Joestar, after an incident, it becomes paraplegic, so he participate in the race to collect the Jesus body to recover his legs, because someone say that the Jesus body can make your dreams true, however the president of united states wants the Jesus parts too, to protect his country of wars, poverty, all the things that are bad, although the cost will be that the bad things will occur in other parts of the world. So the president sent his minions to defeat Johnny, Johnny makes a friend in the race, Gyro, who want to win the race to save a child who will be executed, so the two make a team to complete their objectives.

I finished it the past week, I recommend it because has an interesting plot, the character are good designed, their past are adjusted with their goals, it has occidental musical references like love train of The O'Jays or dirty deeds done dirt cheap of AC/DC. 10/10

If you finish it, I recommend continue with Jojolion, the new part of Jojo, it is not finished, but for now it is in the same level of steel ball run, and it can be better.





3 comments:

  1. I think that now I want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never read jojo's bizarre adventure, but it seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only see the Jojo's anime, i'm not a person who enjoy manga. But Jojo's is a great anime, i love it too :)

    ReplyDelete